Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Black Bean Brownies

So you know me, always up for trying new things. Well, in anticipation of a high school friend visiting tonight, I decided what better than to greet her with good-for-you brownies. My mom told me about these awhile ago and I finally found a recipe I thought I could pull off. It's from the "No Meat Athlete." I'm a big fan even though I have a long way to go on the athlete part.


I digress. Anyway, I used his black bean brownie recipe. I was tired last night so I attempted a few short cuts... BAD IDEA. I tried to use a small potato masher versus the puree function on the blender. I know, I know, huge mistake, disastrous mistake. But in my defense I was ready to hit the hay and the idea of cleaning yet another small kitchen appliance did not sound appealing.


So a long and sad story short, they were not very good. They were very lumpy and bumpy. Jared would not even attempt to go near them... not even close. I'll need to try it again when I have the energy to dig out our blender.


On a brighter note, I did stumble across this black bean and sweet potato recipe that I will be trying very soon! Here's picture of the goodness.

No comments: