Friday, September 17, 2010

My Workout Room Goodies

So in the room where I sweat my heart out, I try to fill it with wonderful things that I find. I thought you might like to see some of what I've accumulated.

Here are some of my "happy places;" the Dominican Republic (bought on our honeymoon: the large one), Haiti (bought on our first cruise in '03: top left) and Mesa, AZ (made by me a few years ago: bottom left).


I found this beauty at a garage sale for $20. It is an original, signed by the artist and everything. I adore it. She's definitely a mother and she's definitely meditating. I love the flower on her forehead, it reminds me of the chakra third eye symbol. It was one of my best finds of '09.


Found this guy at TJ Maxx the other day and I couldn't pass him up. I love some quirky...and the fact that he was meditating took the cake.


This is my praying dog. I found him at Goodwill for only a few dollars. He reminds me of an old painting my MIL has of an old man praying at the dinner table. He reminds me of Phinno, too, which makes it even more special.


I also have a mean collection of flowers. I collect flowers made of all sorts of materials. My latest addition was from our Costa Rica trip... a flower made of all different kinds of CR wood.


Thanks for joining me on a trip through my goodies. What treasure do you have lying around your house? Do you have those special items displayed so that you can see them easily? If not, go spend a few minutes putting them in a place where you'll be sure to see them and smile each day. Surround yourself with things you love! Who cares what anyone else thinks!! If you want a meditating frog on your mantle, then put him there and smile every time you see him up there in all his glory!

Have an awesome and blessed day.

No comments: